TCOLE #4018 Armorer/Gunsmith (AR15 ) Course
*The student must bring a Direct impingement “gas operated” AR15 with them to the course.
This course will meet the TCOLE standard for AR15 Armorer/Gunsmith #4018 (16 hours) course credit.
The course meets and exceeds the TCOLE mandated requirements. A local law enforcement reporting agency is reporting the course credit hours to TCOLE.
AR15 Armorer Course is a comprehensive course on the AR15 weapon system. At the completion of this class you will have the skills and knowledge necessary to perform proper assembly/ disassembly, barreling procedures, perform routine maintenance and inspections. You will have a better understanding of the cycle of operation and how to troubleshoot component problems and keep your weapon operational. Students will also learn about gas port sizing and component specifications.
Course times are 0800-1700 each day
This course will be held at:
Portland Police Department
Address:1902 Billy G Webb Dr, Portland, TX 78374
Contact us via email or phone for questions.
You will need to bring your own tools described in the list below.
In addition to a complete AR15 rifle you will need the following:
Minimalist Tool List:
· Glock Disassembly Tool- Glock Disassembly Tool
· 1″ Nylon/Brass gun smithing hammer. Part# 818-600-100WB- Gunsmithing Hammer
· 6″ flat tip screwdriver or correct Allen wrench/hex bit for pistol grip screw
· Pivot pin installation tool- Part# 080-216-011WB- Pivot Pin Tool
· 1/16 flat punch (Starrett is recommended)- 1/16 Punch
· USB Flash Drive for course material
· Complete set of flat steel punches (Starrett Pin Punch set recommended)
1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32
· Complete set of roll pin holders (starter punches)
· Complete set of roll pin punches
· 1″ Nylon and Brass Gunsmithing Hammer
· Small to medium pair of needle nose pliers.
· Large flat tip screwdriver or variable tip screwdriver set.
· Bolt Catch Pin Punch- http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/bolt-tools/dissassembly-tools/bolt-catch-pin-punch-prod26484.aspx
· Pivot Pin Installation Tool- http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/pin-tools/pivot-pin-detent-installation-tool-prod26488.aspx